- 4 large chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 2 cups Morama Crunchy Breader Mix
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 6 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 / 2-1 tsp ground chili (adjust to your spicy preference)
- 1 tsp ground cumin and salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 bell peppers, cut in strips
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 5 cups romaine lettuce leaves washed and strained, dried
- 2 ½ cup black beans, washed and drained
- 1 avocado, mashed
Beat 6 eggs and 6 tbsp of milk in a bowl. Soak and drain chicken in the mixture.
Add Crunchy Breader mix to a large plate and roll the chicken on both sides.
In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp oil. Fry chicken on both sides until golden.
Add the peppers to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed) and cook until soft and slightly charred. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine the rice, chicken broth, and garlic in a saucepan over high heat. Mix well and bring to boil.
Reduce the heat and cover with a lid until the rice is cooked through.
Fluff the rice with a fork, add lime juice and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Build your bowl! First add lettuce as a base to 4 bowls, then add the beans, avocado and rice. Top each bowl with chicken and peppers.